Do you know how much God loves you? How does the Bible describe the love of God for his people? We are often pointed to the cross as the ultimate picture of God’s love for us, and truly there is no greater picture or reminder of the love of Christ. While the cross is the most amazing truth a…
A group of volunteers with a fiery passion for a McIntosh County landmark have something to be proud of these days.
“Joy” is not the first word most people associate with a nursing home, but when 9-year-old Elijah Shelton is present, there is an abundance of joy.
PECATONICA, Ill. — For years, the Rev. Don Knoup drove by a historic Main Street church and figured it was taken.
If you’re a nature lover or a bird watcher, Jekyll Island may have the perfect outing for you.
Friday, Jan. 20
It is a sure bet, I am certain, that I am not the only wife with a husband who cares little about clothes. Like many wives, particularly South…
Coastal foodies will be in heaven Saturday when Alain Bosse, a.k.a., “The Kilted Chef,” of Nova Scotia, and Chef Darin Sehnert of Mansion on F…
A recent conversation with a friend got me thinking.
Now in its fourth year, Wine Women & Shoes, a fundraiser to benefit Hospice of the Golden Isles, has become a “must do” for many area wome…
Fans celebrate Betty White’s 95th birthday
In some parts of the world, even the most basic medical supplies can be as precious as gold.
Wednesday, Jan. 18
Nutritionist to host ‘lunch and learn’
WASHINGTON — A next step for smart watches and fitness trackers? Wearable gadgets gave a Stanford University professor an early warning that h…
Historical society to host renowned museum designer
If laughter is the best medicine, there will be some healthy folks on Jekyll Island next weekend.
Monday, Jan. 16
NEW YORK — It’s courtin’ time and that still means going down on one knee for many proposers of marriage. Only now, more are choosing a specia…
The College of Coastal Georgia Office of the President recently announced the names of students who achieved dean’s list for the Fall 2016 ter…
Dear Dr. Wallace:
Most people who grew up in church, at least until the 1980s, have memories of organ music being an essential part of worship. With the move to…
Just how old is Earth? Well, that may depend on whom you ask.
The dynamic between government and religion can be a tricky one.
What’s love got to do with it? It seems this was the question Tina Turner wanted to know the answer to in his popular song by the same title? …
Don’t step on any cracks or break any mirrors today; it’s Friday the 13th.
- Lady Pirates expand lead in region, boys tied for second
- Pakistani officials say death toll from bomb blast in tribal region near Afghan border is now 18
- World reacts to Trump's 'America first' inaugural speech
- Kings Bay's USS Alaska earns Battle "E"
- With God, the honeymoon never ends
- Volunteers rebuild "The Smallest Church in America"
- Child brings an abundance of joy
- Church moves from Freeport into historic building
- Man in prison following plea to vehicular homicide
- Police: Boy meets girl, girl robs boy
- Brunswick High has new football coach
- Woman stabbed multiple times, attacker in jail
- Weekend gunfire leaves man wounded
- Shooting Tuesday targets Gordon Street home
- Designer, model takes world by storm
- 1 millionth Kia rolls off onto Colonel’s Island
- No sign of suspected bridge jumper found after two-day search
- New general manager takes reigns at Nalley
Find a local business