There’s nothing like karaoke to bring out a person’s inner rock star, but rarely is it seen outside of local bars or in the lounges of crowded cruise ships. On Sunday, the American Cancer Society Victory Board is sponsoring “Cure-Oke,” a karaoke event during which teams will compete to raise…
NEW YORK — Cereal makers have happily encouraged the belief that eating breakfast can help keep us thin and bring other benefits, partly by pa…
Weight-loss meetings held weekly
Frederica Academy, on St. Simons Island, recently released its head of school list for the Fall 2016 semester.
Something sinister is sneaking through the northern woods of St. Simons Island.
A group of volunteers with a fiery passion for a McIntosh County landmark have something to be proud of these days.
Do you know how much God loves you? How does the Bible describe the love of God for his people? We are often pointed to the cross as the ultim…
“Joy” is not the first word most people associate with a nursing home, but when 9-year-old Elijah Shelton is present, there is an abundance of joy.
PECATONICA, Ill. — For years, the Rev. Don Knoup drove by a historic Main Street church and figured it was taken.
Friday, Jan. 20
It is a sure bet, I am certain, that I am not the only wife with a husband who cares little about clothes. Like many wives, particularly South…
Coastal foodies will be in heaven Saturday when Alain Bosse, a.k.a., “The Kilted Chef,” of Nova Scotia, and Chef Darin Sehnert of Mansion on F…
A recent conversation with a friend got me thinking.
Now in its fourth year, Wine Women & Shoes, a fundraiser to benefit Hospice of the Golden Isles, has become a “must do” for many area wome…
Fans celebrate Betty White’s 95th birthday
In some parts of the world, even the most basic medical supplies can be as precious as gold.
Wednesday, Jan. 18
Historical society to host renowned museum designer
WASHINGTON — A next step for smart watches and fitness trackers? Wearable gadgets gave a Stanford University professor an early warning that h…
Nutritionist to host ‘lunch and learn’
If laughter is the best medicine, there will be some healthy folks on Jekyll Island next weekend.
Monday, Jan. 16
NEW YORK — It’s courtin’ time and that still means going down on one knee for many proposers of marriage. Only now, more are choosing a specia…
The College of Coastal Georgia Office of the President recently announced the names of students who achieved dean’s list for the Fall 2016 ter…
Dear Dr. Wallace:
Most people who grew up in church, at least until the 1980s, have memories of organ music being an essential part of worship. With the move to…
- Victory board event will 'rock' for a cure
- Brunswick Job Corps continues national title defense
- Ask Brianna: How can I avoid my parents' money mistakes?
- Polish town to offer Tom Hanks tiny car
- Key points in the Syria statement issued in Astana
- Diversity in tech: Lots of attention, little progress
- Man accused of email scheme that bilked a Kansas county
- All rise: Georgia Supreme Court to 'Rise up' for Falcons
- Storm system to bring 3-punch combo
- 11 people killed in South Georgia; Glynn, Camden, Brantley under tornado watch
- Man in prison following plea to vehicular homicide
- Police: Boy meets girl, girl robs boy
- Brunswick shooting suspect nabbed in Athens
- Woman stabbed multiple times, attacker in jail
- Raucous roosters reign on St. Simons Island
- Shooting Tuesday targets Gordon Street home
- Tornado touches down in Camden County
- Chief asked for roundabout changes since inception
Find a local business