Friday, Dec. 9
In a galaxy not so far away, an army is preparing to invade Jekyll Island.
After Sunday dinner, while the others cleaned, talked or dealt with children, I sat down in a recliner matching the one that Rodney was in. I …
The endless expanse of level salt marsh sparkles this time of year in hues befitting the region’s Golden Isles moniker, and the only slope on …
It’s the season for giving, and a local nonprofit wants to give Golden Isles residents a two-for-one special.
I made one of my favorite meals this past weekend: chicken and dumplings.
Not even Hansel and Gretel could resist the colossal gingerbread creation at The Cloister at Sea Island.
In October, organizers of the 2016 edition of the St. Simons Island Food + Spirits Festival had to make a heart-wrenching decision as it becam…
Students in the Culinary Arts program at College of Coastal Georgia are preparing for a milestone in their college careers. Carl Miller, progr…
Wednesday, Dec. 7
It can take less than a minute for a child entangled in window blind cords to strangle to death, according to the nonprofit advocacy group Par…
Family Connection Glynn County will host a holiday health fair at the Selden Park Gym on Saturday as a gift to the community, said Melinda Enn…
Health Department hosting classes and other services
In the arrival of Jesus Christ and the beginning of the New Testament, God was breaking a silence. It had been 400 years since the Old Testame…
Nancy Rozier may not have realized what she was getting into when her church, St. Simons United Methodist Church on St. Simons Island, asked h…
Beautiful music filled the halls outside of Nathaniel Roper’s classroom on Thursday, as his choir students practiced for one of the last times…
Santa Claus is coming to town a little early this year.
Mary Miller has been writing plays for more than 25 years — and she comes by her passion honestly.
It would take a lot of candles to celebrate Georgia founder James Oglethorpe’s upcoming birthday.
Friday, Dec. 2
Mama was always proud for people who were able to pull themselves up and do well in life. She rooted for them, bragged on them and delighted i…
Theodor Geisel, known to nearly all by his pen name “Dr. Seuss,” struck a universal chord when he wrote “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” the …
The opening scene of the “The Nutcracker” is one that would be familiar to families today. It’s Christmas Eve at the Stahlbaum’s house, which …
When I was a kid, one of my favorite Christmas traditions was the Advent calendar my parents would purchase for us each year. We always opened…
THE NEWS: What were your early musical influences, and where does The Marshall Tucker Band get its sound?
Heather Heath glanced quickly toward one of her actors Monday at Brunswick’s Ritz Theatre and noticed it immediately.
The Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) in Glynco recently held a ribbon-cuttin…
The Southeast Georgia Health System Brunswick and Camden Campus auxiliaries presented donati…
Rotary of the Golden Isles recently welcomed Douglas Bischoff, general manager of the Brunsw…
The Brunswick Rotary Club recently honored its November Students of the Month.
The Golden Isles and McIntosh YMCA, 144 Scranton Connector, Brunswick, will begin its winter…
- Germany: teens arrested over suspected extremist attack plan
- SKorea PM, newly invested with presidential powers, says feels "deep responsibility" for scandal that brought down boss
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- The Latest: Isinbayeva says she will oppose blanket bans
- SKorea president impeachment ruins legacy of dictator father
- S. Korean impeachment sales: Goodbye Park, hello free room
- Dutch court declines to impose punishment on anti-Islam populist Geert Wilders for hate speech conviction
- Dutch court says populist anti-Islam lawmaker Geert Wilders is guilty of hate speech charges
- Seven-year-old boy struck by vehicle in Glynn County
- Police: Three men wanted for home invasion, murder
- Woman charged with DUI, endangering children after crash
- Police: Killers waited at man's home
- Glynn County school bus involved in accident
- New evidence comes forward in Glynn Academy gun case
- McIntosh tops Clinch, 24-8; to play for state title
- Glynn an anomaly in Georgia foster-care crisis
- Brunswick police seek witnesses to serious accident
- Woman dies from injuries suffered Saturday in Brunswick
Find a local business