Caroline Poppell had a promising career in ballet when a natural disaster more than 1,500 miles away from her home in New York City became the catalyst that changed her life.
Have you ever stood at the grave of a loved one and asked God why? Have you ever been through a hard time and felt it was just unfair? How cou…
ST. MARYS — David Pooler was a big part of the Jacksonville music scene for more than four decades before he decided it was time for a change …
When John Upchurch asked me to speak at an International Car Conference that he and his wife were directing, I agreed. They’re nice people and…
Friday, July 21
Nestled far off the main road outside Darien, a very special house sits next to a small pond where egrets and herons congregate.
Today — Sunday
One of the things I love most about my dad is how creative he can get when he needs to solve a problem.
Wednesday, July 19
It’s the hottest time of the year, but that isn’t deterring five cyclists, all residents of the Paul Anderson Youth Home in Vidalia, from maki…
Yoga studio offers classes to benefit humane society
Anyone who’s a follower of the local music scene can’t help but notice the women who grace the stage either as soloists or alongside the guys.…
It’s hard to miss Dean Elliott Norris. He’s neatly put together, and usually decked out in one of his easily recognizable T-shirts that procla…
How “in the world” are you doing? We often ask this question as an opening greeting with someone we may have not seen for a while. I mean to a…
Friday the 13th turned out to be Frances Zwenig’s lucky day.
Sometimes, Tink — usually in a gentle way but a bit abrupt at other times — will tell me I’m taking too long to explain something. This happen…
Friday, July 14
Attention to detail was crucial in Marilyn Turk’s historical fiction novel, “The Gilded Curse.”
EVENTS & PERFORMANCES
I had the opportunity to go swimming this week — my favorite activity.
Outdoor enthusiasts and grown-up kids of all ages will have the chance to relive their childhood camp memories soon on St. Simons Island.
There is a lot of information available about how to pair different types of wines and beers with food, but the newest kid on the block may be…
Wednesday, July 12
Minneapolis leaders may restrict menthol cigarette sales
On most evenings since shortly after school ended in May, a group of youngsters, along with some tireless parents and volunteers, have been ca…
For 10 years, "Summer Movies at the Ritz" was a staple offering on Thursday evenings in July. The film series offered educational film talks a…
A local environmental group is giving Golden Isles residents the chance to see some of nature’s most beautiful birds up close and personal.
A traveling youth choir is set to return to the Golden Isles later this month, aiming to perform not only music, but public service.
- UAE official: Qatar must change its ways as part of talks
- The Latest: Taliban overrun second district headquarters
- Charlie Gard protesters to rally as hospital reports threats
- Father of Colorado boy, 13, arrested for boy's 2012 death
- Scott Blumstein, of Brigantine, New Jersey, becomes 2017 World Series of Poker champion, wins more than $8.1 million
- High-speed chase ends in crash
- Alleged meth-for-guns ring busted in Brantley County
- Multiple Glynn County schools to be under new leadership this year
- Troopers at loss for motive in high speed chase
- Elaine Gaughf-Smith
- Seven begin deportation proceedings
- New Camden football coach explains team's plan
- Audit into clerk of court's missing money still underway
- Former teacher pleads guilty in child molestations
- Regular, increased tidal flooding projected for Brunswick, isles
Find a local business