Friday, March 17
• Scrabble Club will meet at 10 a.m. at the Brunswick-Glynn County Library, 208 Gloucester St., Brunswick. Details: 279-3740.
• Fish fry will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Brunswick Elks Lodge, 1509 Union St., Brunswick. The menu will feature fried catfish, coleslaw, cheese grits, hushpuppies and iced tea. The price is $8 per person. Desserts will be available for $1 each. The lodge also hosts bingo at 6:45 p.m. Tuesdays. Everyone is welcome.
• “Sham Rockin’,” a party to benefit Communities in Schools will be from 6 to 10 p.m. at the TreeBar at Bennie’s Red Barn, 5514 Frederica Road, St. Simons Island. Roy Gentry and the Hired Guns will provide the music. Tickets are $45 and include dinner, live music and limited beverage service. Details: 223-4641.
• “Willy Wonka,” the Roald Dahl play, will be performed at 7:30 p.m. by the Glynn Academy Players today through Saturday at the Glynn Academy Auditorium, 1000 Mansfield St., Brunswick. Tickets are $12 for adults and $10 for children.
• “The Musical of Musicals” will be performed at 7 p.m. today and Saturday and and at 2 p.m. Sunday by the St. Marys Little Theatre at Theatre by the Trax, 1000 Osborne St., St. Marys. The play, a satire, is a “musical about musicals” that blends five musicals written by leading Broadway composers. Tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for children and may be purchased at Once Upon a Bookseller, On the Green Salon and Friese Studio in St. Marys, or by calling 912-729-1103.
Saturday, March 18
• Marsh Madness Cleanup will begin at 8 a.m. Howard Coffin Park soccer field parking area. Join BPPCS, Keep Golden Isles Beautiful and other groups to clean up the tidal ditch and roadway. Supplies (bags, gloves, safety vests and water) available with registration. Boots, sunscreen and bug spray are recommended. Details: 279-1490.
• Marsh Madness Cleanup will begin at 9 a.m. at the Highway 303 Turtle River Bridge North Boat Ramp, Brunswick, for marsh and ramp cleanup. Join Geocachers CITO, Keep Golden Isles Beautiful and other volunteers to clean up the marsh. Supplies (bags, gloves, safety vests and water) available with registration. Boots, sunscreen and bug spray are recommended. Details: 279-1490.
• Low cost rabies clinic, sponsored by Castaways Pet Rescue, will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Eulonia Health Clinic, off exit 58 of Interstate 95 in Eulonia. Rabies shots will be available for $7, and microchips for $15 upon request. No appointment is necessary.
• Boating Skills and Seamanship, presented by the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at UGA Marine Extension, 715 Bay St., Brunswick. Cost is $55 per person. The course, which fulfills the Georgia Boater course law and more. Given over two Saturdays and three weeknights, the course may result in discounted insurance rates. Details: www.cgauxssi.us or 258-8402.
• Free help applying for financial aid will be available from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Room 208 of Academic Commons South on the campus of College of Coastal Georgia in Brunswick. Attendees and their parents will receive assistance in completing their Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is a federally required form for all students seeking financial aid, including federal and state grants, loans and work-study programs. Financial aid experts will be on hand. Details: 279-5722.
• 64th Annual Christ Church Frederica Tour of Homes will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on St. Simons Island. The event will feature tours of several homes on St. Simons Island and Sea Island, along with historic sites. Tickets are $40 per person. Tickets are $40 each and being sold at the following outlets: Antiques Etc., Christ Church, Frederica, Cloister Collection, H & H Lifestyles, Jekyll Realty, Maggie’s Boutique, Ned Cash & Associates Jewelers, Roberta’s, St. Simons Drug Store, Tabby House and Viola’s Market. or by visiting www.christchurchtourofhomes.org. Details: 638-8683.
• Little Miss Wildcat will begin at 2 p.m. at Risley Middle School in Brunswick. The entry fee is $35. For a complete list of times, costs and requirements, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, March 19
• Marsh Madness Cleanup will begin at 8 a.m. at the Gascoigne Park Pavilion on St. Simons Island. Join the League of Protectors, Keep Golden Isles Beautiful and other groups to clean up the marsh. Supplies (bags, gloves, safety vests and water) available with registration. Boots, sunscreen and bug spray are recommended. Details: 279-1490.
• Dave Bennett: Roots of Pop from Swing to Rock will begin at 3 p.m. at the Ritz Theatre, 1530 Newcastle St., Brunswick. Dave Bennett and his band cover music from the swing era to the Beatles. Bennett is a clarinetist, vocalist, pianist and guitarist. For ticket information, visit: goldenislesarts.org.
• Temple Beth Tefilloh Jewish Food and Culture Festival will be from noon to 4 p.m. in Jekyll Square, next door to Tipsy McSway’s on Newcastle St., in Brunswick. The free event will feature food, fun, gifts, a live Klezmer band, dancing, children’s activities and a raffle. Food and drinks will be available for purchase. All proceeds benefit the restoration of Temple Beth Tefilloh.
Monday, March 20
• Ted Russ, author of “Spirit Mission,” named one of “Military Times Best Books of 2016,” will speak at 10:30 a.m. in Room 108 of the St. Simons Casino, 530 Beachview Drive, St. Simons Island, as part of the “Coffee With the Author” series sponsored by the Literary Guild of St. Simons Island. Admission is free for guild members and $10 for non-members. Details: litguildssi.org.
Tuesday, March 21
• Toddlers’ Storytime will begin at 10:30 a.m. at the St. Simons Public Library, 530 Beachview Drive, St. Simons Island.
• “The Five People You Meet in Heaven, Part 1,” a movie about an elderly amusement park worker who does trying to save and imperiled child and in the afterlife encounters five people who will help him grasp the meaning of his life, will be shown at 1:30 p.m. at the Moore Methodist Museum, 100 Arthur J. Moore Drive, Epworth by the Sea, St. Simons Island, as part of the “Matinee at the Museum” series. Free. Details: www.mooremethodistmuseum.
• Hattie’s Book Club will meet at 6:15 p.m. at the Brunswick-Glynn County Library, 208 Gloucester St., Brunswick. This month’s selection is “Grandma Gatewood’s Walk” by Ben Montgomery. Details: 279-3740.