On Tuesday morning, Abraham Lincoln sat down in Goodyear Elementary School’s front lobby, crossed his legs and waited to meet a group of third-grade students.
Teenagers make decisions every day that could determine the course of their futures, so Brantley County Family Connection plans to offer them …
Morningstar Family and Children Services’ campus is receiving some extra love and care this week, thanks to volunteers who have traveled from …
ST. MARYS — Despite their differences, the cities of Woodbine, St. Marys and Kingsland have more in common than many realize.
Jekyll Island is home to its very own family of bobcats.
ST. MARYS — A new study shows Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay is one of the largest economic generators in South Georgia.
Samuel Waid Hunter, 67, allegedly exposed himself to a 6-year-old girl Aug. 19. Friday began the process of him serving seven years in state p…
The Glynn County Airport Commission got an update on construction projects at its regular monthly meeting Tuesday, among other items on the agenda.
County announces road closures this week and next
The developers requesting approval of a preliminary plat for a 245-lot subdivision off Lawrence Road on St. Simons Island will have to resubmi…
ROBINS AIR FORCE BASE, Ga. (AP) — An airman stationed at a Georgia Air Force base has been sentenced to life in prison for the slaying of his …
ATLANTA (AP) — Private colleges that don't cooperate with federal immigration authorities would lose state funding for scholarships and resear…
Recent editorials from Georgia newspapers:
SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — Two bobcat kittens spotted recently on Jekyll Island could be an early sign the elusive predators are making a comeback o…
ATLANTA (AP) — Cities and counties couldn't require that businesses pay extra when employees' schedules change under a bill approved by the Ge…
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi Power Co. says the power plant it's building in Kemper County will be cheaper to run on natural gas than on …
ATLANTA (AP) — A lawsuit claims a 3-year-old girl who became entangled in an escalator lost her foot at a MARTA train station in Atlanta.
MACON, Ga. (AP) — Authorities have indicted a man accused of striking an ambulance and another car while fleeing from a Bibb County deputy in 2015.
LONDON (AP) — David Bowie wins best British album prize at Brits for "Blackstar"
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. (AP) — Department stores just got a double dose of bad news.
DETROIT (AP) — Unable to string together profitable quarters, electric car and solar cell maker Tesla Inc. is reporting a loss for the last th…
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The Barnes Foundation in Philadelphia is taking art to the streets — and bringing the streets into the museum — as part of…
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is speaking up for obstructionism.
LONDON (AP) — A Tribe Called Quest has been named best international group at the Brit Awards .
LONDON (AP) — Drake named best international male solo artist, Beyonce best international female artist at Brit Awards.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon says cuts to military child care programs at two Army bases may have been unnecessary.
- Abe Lincoln visits schools bearing gift of words
- "Wild West" Mardi Gras coming to St. Marys
- Frederica boys begin chase for state title
- Event mixes food and faith with international flare
- Pirates soccer records first win, Lady Pirates stumble
- David Bowie wins best British album prize at Brits for "Blackstar"
- T.J. Maxx parent steps up expansion, plans new home chain
- Tesla swings to lost in 4Q after profitable third quarter
- Boil-water advisory issued for part of St. Simons Island
- Police: Machete wielding man arrested after standoff
- Mother, 18, and boyfriend, 19, held in child's death
- Police identify student who scrawled school shooting threat
- Home arson suspect nearly collides with Brunswick woman leaving scene
- Indictment: Stolen guns used in murder
- Police: Needwood student brought gun to school
- School police: Bathroom graffiti not credible threat
- Closure date set for St. Marys Airport
- Shooting threat prompts mass absences at GA
Find a local business