On Tuesday morning, Abraham Lincoln sat down in Goodyear Elementary School’s front lobby, crossed his legs and waited to meet a group of third-grade students.
Teenagers make decisions every day that could determine the course of their futures, so Brantley County Family Connection plans to offer them …
Morningstar Family and Children Services’ campus is receiving some extra love and care this week, thanks to volunteers who have traveled from …
ST. MARYS — Despite their differences, the cities of Woodbine, St. Marys and Kingsland have more in common than many realize.
Jekyll Island is home to its very own family of bobcats.
ST. MARYS — A new study shows Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay is one of the largest economic generators in South Georgia.
Samuel Waid Hunter, 67, allegedly exposed himself to a 6-year-old girl Aug. 19. Friday began the process of him serving seven years in state p…
The Glynn County Airport Commission got an update on construction projects at its regular monthly meeting Tuesday, among other items on the agenda.
County announces road closures this week and next
The developers requesting approval of a preliminary plat for a 245-lot subdivision off Lawrence Road on St. Simons Island will have to resubmi…
Among reports filed with police:
Glynn County Commissioners held a work session Tuesday during which they discussed possible extensions of Golden Isles Parkway and Canal Road …
Today’s veteran: Brad Tippins, 56
A beach in France. A riverbank in Korea. A jungle in Vietnam. Each was once a beautiful place defiled by bloodshed and war over the past seven…
The Brunswick Glynn County Joint Water Sewer Commission issued an all clear Monday night for residents under a boil-water advisory.
Debbie Banks has been caught up in a whirlwind of activity. The director of communications and special events for the Brunswick-Golden Isles C…
ST. MARYS — Public access will soon be allowed at Sea Camp dock on Cumberland Island National Seashore for the first time since it was damaged…
Multiple meetings will be held by Glynn County this week to discuss issues both long and short term, including trash on the beaches and develo…
State wildlife officers said they stopped two Hortense men Saturday morning for riding ATVs on Bladen Road, an unpaved county right-of-way off…
Putting Georgia’s own coal ash controversies into the figurative dustbin of history could make some progress this week.
Groups plan town hall to discuss St. Simons issues
A Brunswick native is in the running to be the next winner of the Georgia Occupational Award of Leadership, which honors excellence in academi…
A boil-water advisory on St. Simons Island for the area between Kings Way and Bartow Street and Anguilla Avenue and Park Avenue will likely co…
An 18-year-old mother and her boyfriend were arrested by Brantley County Sheriff’s Deputies on Saturday, charged with killing the young woman’…
A South American Olympian set a new record Saturday during the 15th annual Southeast Georgia Health System Foundation Bridge Run at the Sidney…
A boil-water advisory was issued for St. Simons Island residents shortly after 7 p.m. Sunday by the Brunswick-Glynn Joint Water-Sewer Commission.
In the years following the Civil War, old times were more or less forgotten along the Georgia Coast and in the Golden Isles.
Books lovers and bargain hunters will find plenty to like at the Friends of the Brunswick-Glynn County Library’s annual winter book sale this week.
ST. MARYS — A permit has been requested to allow the construction of a temporary barge landing at the former Durango-Georgia Paper Co. site on…
The beach, the history and the small town charm of the Golden Isles has long been a draw for visitors. People find it so alluring, in fact, th…
- Abe Lincoln visits schools bearing gift of words
- "Wild West" Mardi Gras coming to St. Marys
- Frederica boys begin chase for state title
- Event mixes food and faith with international flare
- Pirates soccer records first win, Lady Pirates stumble
- David Bowie wins best British album prize at Brits for "Blackstar"
- T.J. Maxx parent steps up expansion, plans new home chain
- Tesla swings to lost in 4Q after profitable third quarter
- Boil-water advisory issued for part of St. Simons Island
- Police: Machete wielding man arrested after standoff
- Mother, 18, and boyfriend, 19, held in child's death
- Police identify student who scrawled school shooting threat
- Home arson suspect nearly collides with Brunswick woman leaving scene
- Indictment: Stolen guns used in murder
- Police: Needwood student brought gun to school
- School police: Bathroom graffiti not credible threat
- Closure date set for St. Marys Airport
- Shooting threat prompts mass absences at GA
Find a local business