Ronnie Perry can distinctly remember when he became a Florida fan.
Bulldog fans — and of course, Gators — come in all shapes and sizes, and the annual rivalry weekend is a wonderful chance for all ages to come…
One of the most striking aspects of the the Georgia-Florida rivalry is the 50-50 split of team colors. Sliced at the end zones, half the stadi…
Mike Shanahan was Florida’s offensive coordinator from 1980 to 1983. From there he moved on to the NFL where he won Super Bowl XXIX as an offe…
Rodney Hampton played for Georgia from 1987 to 1989 and was the 24th pick in the NFL draft by the New York Giants in 1990. He was part of the …
For the past 10 years, I’ve been regularly attending the Georgia-Florida game in Jacksonville.
Johnny Paulk had no real connection to the annual Georgia-Florida football game in 1980 other than that he was running the golf center on Jeky…
On the cover is Sugar, a beautiful English Bulldog owned by local resident Emory Boyd. Sugar comes to work each day with Emory and enjoys her …
While there’s nothing quite like enjoying the annual Georgia-Florida game from the picturesque comfort of the Golden Isles, making the trip to…
• Total meetings between the University of Georgia and the University of Florida — 93
The annual Georgia-Florida football game weekend brings plenty of parties and pre-game merriment to the Golden Isles.
I got a call from Claude, the leader of the whitetail deer over on Jekyll Island. He sounded a bit agitated, but that’s not surprising. It doe…
Georgia-Florida weekend in the Golden Isles is a busy one, filled with fierce football competition, great food and cold drinks.
All year long, many female fans choose to represent their beloved Georgia Bulldogs with items in their closet and jewelry box.
Jack Davis reached across his draftsman’s table in his St. Simons Island studio, as he had done many thousands of times previously, and wrappe…
To our Georgia-Florida guests:
In addition to the red and black of the Georgia Bulldogs, folks can expect to see a higher prevalence of another team color in the Golden Isle…
There are two words that resonate with Golden Isles locals like no other: Georgia-Florida.
When it comes to football and food, any true fan will tell you there’s no “offsides” when putting together the perfect tailgating menu. But se…
My how the tables have turned.
The economic impact of the four-day period, which runs Thursday through Sunday, is immeasurable, with lodging on St. Simons Island at close to…
There’s a saying that wisdom comes with age, but when it comes to football, age and experience may not be the biggest indicators of knowledge.…
There’s a saying that wisdom comes with age, but when it comes to football, age and experience may not be the biggest indicators of knowledge.
On Saturday, a group of scholar-athletes from the University of Georgia will engage a group of scholar-athletes from the University of Florida…
Here is a partial listing of area restaurants, with a brief description of their specialties. Reservations are advised in some cases. Call ahe…
For several years now, University of Georgia officials have attempted to disassociate the term “World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party” from t…
More like Mardi Gras or spring break than a three-day time span built around a gridiron rivalry, Georgia-Florida Weekend is the epitome of the…
ST. MARYS — The weekend of the Georgia/Florida game is the toughest reservation of the year to make at the Riverview Hotel in St. Marys.
Whether you’re planning a trip to Jacksonville or want to stick around town, the annual smack down between the University of Georgia and the U…
- Federal building project pushed back another month
- McIntosh cruises to win on senior night
- Parking meters could be installed in downtown Macon
- Coast Guard helicopter flies distressed boater to Charleston
- UGA looks for new director for growing online programs
- Savannah joins nonprofit in fight against blight
- New Kennesaw State president to receive big salary increase
- Stone Mountain roommate finds man, woman shot to death
- Man shot dead on St. Simons Island
- Glynn County man, 21, dies in motorcycle crash
- HGTV to remodel, give away St. Simons Island home
- Police seek Brunswick man in shooting
- Driftwood Beach to air tonight in The Walking Dead
- Police: Shooting does not yet warrant charges
- American Grit to film on Jekyll Island
- St. Simons fires disrupt lives in wake of Matthew
- Historic inspiration for new traditions guides Sea Island Forge
- Harris sexts woman the day son dies
Find a local business