When analyzing a game like this year’s clash between Georgia and Florida, it’s fun to peak back at the history of the rivalry and try to gleam some sort of premonition about how this year’s contest will turn out.
A lot goes on behind the scenes at public events that would surprise many people.
Glynn County has a variety of clubs to fit the variety of people that live in it, covering a range of games and hobbies.
A lot of folks whose power serves and court coverage have not kept pace with their lifelong love of tennis are finding renewed vigor in the ga…
Jennifer Stratton knows that it’s possible to live a fulfilling, active lifestyle at any age. It’s something she sees on a daily basis.
In life, there are things we don’t want to do, but have to do — take out the trash, pay bills and find a way to put food on the table. As peop…
Glynn County offers many religious opportunities in the community — Protestantism, Catholicism, Judaism, Universalism and Greek Orthodoxy.
Greg Carver admits he doesn’t always feel like running.
For Quadija Tatum-Aamir, gardening is a time for peace, reflection, prayer, song and silence, a perfect recipe for rejuvenating the mind, body…
Christina Godwin has taught dance lessons to people of all shapes, and sizes. She also teaches all ages.
Despite being retired for more than a decade, Millard Allen doesn’t really take days off.
The beautiful scenery and plethora of historic and unique places in the Golden Isles makes it a perfect place to spend the golden years.
Amy Broderick has always taken on the role of caregiver. From her time as a young child, the Coastal Georgia resident was always the one watch…
The Golden Isles, without a doubt, offers a wide array of opportunities to keep fit and continue feeling young as people age.
The Golden Isles certainly draws a crowd with its beautiful scenery and wide variety of activities.
Bruce and Jackie Becker, pictured on the front cover of this special section of The Brunswick News, know a good thing when they see it.
For Nancy Renfroe and her husband, John, the move to St. Simons Island was a complete 180 degree turn. Heading to the ever-warm and sunny coas…
For Millie Wilcox, life has been filled with color. The former owner of Left Bank Art Gallery on St. Simons Island has always sought out the b…
You’ve settled down in the Golden Isles to start enjoying the golden years, and the last thing on your mind is dealing with a lawyer. Peter Sc…
Some people look for the sunny side of life. Bill Brown, on the other hand, has always looked for the funny side.
Sixty is the new 40, in terms of the way many people age nowadays.
When Greg Aloia was in college, he played three sports — football, wrestling and rugby.
If someone were to tell Rita and Paul Weaver that they would meet on a blind date, fall in love and marry five months later, they would’ve agr…
“It’s never too late to start anew” are just a few wise words that the Rev. June Johnson likes to impart on her congregants at Holy Nativity E…
The mind is one of the most important and fascinating parts of the human body, and it holds within it endless experiences, knowledge and more …
The fashion world is no longer catering to just the young. Since the most sizable population group in the U.S. is now between the ages of 48 a…
For 34 years, Lee Dyson and her husband have relished life in the Golden Isles. Since moving to the area from Bermuda, the sweeping Spanish mo…
Father Canon Douglas Renegar has always been captivated by history. Growing up in a military family that traveled constantly, exposure to hist…
Edith Hunter and her friends are not as concerned about how much they can get out of retirement as they are about what they can give back.
- Abe Lincoln visits schools bearing gift of words
- "Wild West" Mardi Gras coming to St. Marys
- Frederica boys begin chase for state title
- Event mixes food and faith with international flare
- Pirates soccer records first win, Lady Pirates stumble
- The Latest: Pipeline protesters burn structures as camp ends
- What killed Kim Jong Nam, who did it and why still not known
- The Latest: Hendrick 'can't sit still' despite Turn 4 issues
- Boil-water advisory issued for part of St. Simons Island
- Police: Machete wielding man arrested after standoff
- Mother, 18, and boyfriend, 19, held in child's death
- Police identify student who scrawled school shooting threat
- Home arson suspect nearly collides with Brunswick woman leaving scene
- Indictment: Stolen guns used in murder
- Police: Needwood student brought gun to school
- School police: Bathroom graffiti not credible threat
- Closure date set for St. Marys Airport
- Shooting threat prompts mass absences at GA
Find a local business