KINGSLAND — Thirty minutes into a recent workout session for people 55 and older at the Camden County Recreation Center, and the participants as old as 95 years old haven’t stopped moving.
A lot goes on behind the scenes at public events that would surprise many people.
Glynn County has a variety of clubs to fit the variety of people that live in it, covering a range of games and hobbies.
A lot of folks whose power serves and court coverage have not kept pace with their lifelong love of tennis are finding renewed vigor in the ga…
Jennifer Stratton knows that it’s possible to live a fulfilling, active lifestyle at any age. It’s something she sees on a daily basis.
In life, there are things we don’t want to do, but have to do — take out the trash, pay bills and find a way to put food on the table. As peop…
Glynn County offers many religious opportunities in the community — Protestantism, Catholicism, Judaism, Universalism and Greek Orthodoxy.
The beautiful scenery and plethora of historic and unique places in the Golden Isles makes it a perfect place to spend the golden years.
Greg Carver admits he doesn’t always feel like running.
For Quadija Tatum-Aamir, gardening is a time for peace, reflection, prayer, song and silence, a perfect recipe for rejuvenating the mind, body…
Christina Godwin has taught dance lessons to people of all shapes, and sizes. She also teaches all ages.
Despite being retired for more than a decade, Millard Allen doesn’t really take days off.
For 34 years, Lee Dyson and her husband have relished life in the Golden Isles. Since moving to the area from Bermuda, the sweeping Spanish mo…
Father Canon Douglas Renegar has always been captivated by history. Growing up in a military family that traveled constantly, exposure to hist…
If someone were to tell Rita and Paul Weaver that they would meet on a blind date, fall in love and marry five months later, they would’ve agr…
“It’s never too late to start anew” are just a few wise words that the Rev. June Johnson likes to impart on her congregants at Holy Nativity E…
The mind is one of the most important and fascinating parts of the human body, and it holds within it endless experiences, knowledge and more …
The fashion world is no longer catering to just the young. Since the most sizable population group in the U.S. is now between the ages of 48 a…
When Greg Aloia was in college, he played three sports — football, wrestling and rugby.
Amy Broderick has always taken on the role of caregiver. From her time as a young child, the Coastal Georgia resident was always the one watch…
The Golden Isles, without a doubt, offers a wide array of opportunities to keep fit and continue feeling young as people age.
The Golden Isles certainly draws a crowd with its beautiful scenery and wide variety of activities.
Bruce and Jackie Becker, pictured on the front cover of this special section of The Brunswick News, know a good thing when they see it.
For Nancy Renfroe and her husband, John, the move to St. Simons Island was a complete 180 degree turn. Heading to the ever-warm and sunny coas…
For Millie Wilcox, life has been filled with color. The former owner of Left Bank Art Gallery on St. Simons Island has always sought out the b…
You’ve settled down in the Golden Isles to start enjoying the golden years, and the last thing on your mind is dealing with a lawyer. Peter Sc…
Some people look for the sunny side of life. Bill Brown, on the other hand, has always looked for the funny side.
Sixty is the new 40, in terms of the way many people age nowadays.
Edith Hunter and her friends are not as concerned about how much they can get out of retirement as they are about what they can give back.
- City officials seek solutions to growing homeless situation
- HGTV to remodel, give away St. Simons Island home
- Young women testify about sexts, relationships with Harris
- Pirates put City Championship defeat behind them, focus on Effingham
- County commission approves debris pickup in private neighborhoods
- Red Terrors set sights on region title
- Officials: Death of woman at motel room 'suspicious'
- Georgia man sent teen sex texts as son was dying in hot car
- Glynn County man, 21, dies in motorcycle crash
- Man clears roads before dawn after storm
- Following Hurricane Matthew evacuation, Brunswick couple welcomes firstborn
- FLETC volunteers help remove Hurricane Matthew damage
- Hurricane Matthew takes out massive hickory tree at Christ Church
- St. Simons fires disrupt lives in wake of Matthew
- Brunswick man indicted in Cobb County
- Security officer describes Harris, ex-wife’s behavior as odd
- Picnic to hail hometown heroes, first responders
- Steakhouse owner, staff and volunteers show their best side during Hurricane Matthew
Find a local business